We're on a mission to couple health-related decisions to their effects at the single-cell level.
Join our New Product Development team and innovate future biotechnologies together with your colleagues.
This unique cross-disciplinary position combines Synthetic Biology, Molecular Biology, DNA/RNA analysis, Oligonucleotide design and modification, and Assay development to develop and validate Sampling Human’s single cell tools and platform technologies.
What you'll be involved with
- Strain design efforts and execution/management of all tasks leading up to the finished, validated organism
- Protein engineering efforts including library design and high-throughput analysis
- Development and validation of NGS based methods for nucleic acid analysis
- Optimization of formulations and assay formats using automation and computational analysis
- Proposal of bio-foundary improvements/changes
- Documentation and reporting of experiments and results
Experience, Skills, Attributes
- PhD. in Molecular biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field
- Have excellent proficiency in techniques related to DNA amplification, assembly, analysis, sterile work, quality monitoring of standard reagents
- Good knowledge of laboratory techniques related to DNA design and recombinant protein production
- Led independent laboratory projects with successful results
- Self-starter, strategic thinker, and action-driven
- Able to troubleshoot issues related to quality control in executing experimental protocols
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in assay design
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated scientific publication abilities
- Attention to detail & patience
- Experience working with bacterial and yeast systems
- Experience with protein engineering by rational and high-throughput methods
- Experience with protein production and purification
- Experience with bioconjugation of nucleic acids and proteins
- Experience with DNA/RNA analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience with isothermal methods for DNA amplification
- Experience operating liquid handling robots and other laboratory automation tools
- Experience with DNA design and cell-based assays
- Macbook + iMac + iPad
- Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
- Relocation Assistance and Support
- Free garage parking
- Snacks, drinks, and yummy (vegan/vegetarian) lunches from local bistros
- Fully stocked espresso bar
- State-of-art R&D facilities for molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell culture
- Opportunity for career growth and budget for your self-development
- Top-notch music system is as much of a laboratory staple as is our biosafety cabinet.
- Team events
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position involves working primarily in an office performing ad-hoc administrative tasks on a regular basis. As such this position requires the ability to stand or sit at the bench, the use of computers and standard office equipment, and the capability of lifting 15-20 pounds. The position requires analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent time management, as well as communication with other team members.
About Sampling Human
Sampling Human, Inc. is a life science tools company developing novel technologies that go well beyond performance limits of flow cytometry to democratize high-throughput cell assays and liquid biopsies. The Company has developed a method of harnessing living cells to analyze other cells. Sampling’s novel platform Diagnostics-On-Target is a next generation single cell technology characterized by unparalleled sensitivity and cost effectivity and commercialized through a portfolio of reagent kits sold for uses in research as well as personalized medicine.