Sampling Human creates life science tools that massively scale single-cell analysis, driving major advancements in human health. Beyond genomics, single cell science is deepening our understanding of the human body. We unlock this knowledge to deliver precise data to patients at critical times in their life journey.
We’re strengthening our executive team with a driven, compassionate person who wants to build an operations team from the ground up. We love different points of view and operate grounded in mutual respect and openness. Check out our values below to see if you align with our values and culture.
Our company is scaling and will have a full commercial launch next year. We are looking for a Director of Operations who will build manufacturing, QA, and fulfillment from the ground up. In the near term, you will also shape investor facing narratives and financial models.
More specifically we expect
- You’ll advocate for design choices and operational practices that ensure short and long-term success while fostering collaborative spaces that allow for the free and efficient exchange of ideas.
- You’ll establish pilot manufacturing and transfer it to manufacturing at scale.
- You’ll establish order and fulfillment processes.
- You’ll work closely with R&D to translate new products into manufacturing and commercialization.
- You’ll build, develop, and manage an operations leadership team that drives continuous improvement by supporting and celebrating employee success.
- You’ll establish and manage an excellent quality assurance and quality control program (QA/QC) that meets RUO standards.
- You’ll develop facility policies and procedures that ensure staff safety and maintain compliance with all applicable regulations.
- You’ll become a subject matter expert in the matters you oversee.
- You’ll assist in articulating our value in words and numbers to prospective investors.
- B.A./B.S. degree; MBA is a plus; Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STAR) applicants welcome
- 5+ years of successful operations management experience in chemical or biological reagent manufacturing or scientific kit manufacturing.
- Hands-on, results-oriented leader with a proven track record of successfully developing people and teams to their fullest potential.
- A sense of urgency in driving projects and a desire to set ambitious goals and work efficiently with the latest tools to meet them.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a supportive, dynamic environment.
- Willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally.
- Good working knowledge of financial and cost management.
- A high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive salary and options with the industry – Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to experience and performance.
- Customary employee benefits.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position involves working primarily in an office, performing ad-hoc administrative tasks regularly. As such, this position requires the ability to stand or sit at the bench, use computers and standard office equipment, and lift 15-20 pounds.
At Sampling Human, we are passionate about supporting our employees’ personal and professional growth. We want you to feel fulfilled because you’ll lead a team of bright minds fighting to provide physicians and patients with the best health data possible.
We value: * Emotional intelligence - The ability to be both self and socially aware and to effectively manage yourself and your social relationships, including your Sampling teammates * Reliability of character - The ability to communicate by leading with transparency and honesty, even when it's difficult * Proactively supporting your teammates - The ability to identify and proactively offer support to your teammates (because we succeed together) * Relentlessness pursuit of solutions - An inherent inability to settle for anything but excellence.
At Sampling, we adhered to these values for a decade and are looking for individuals who will take these to heart so that we maintain and build on them as we scale.
Sampling Human is on a mission to measure and organize world’s single cell data. We’ve developed the first platform that sequences single cells hierarchically to deliver high resolution data for hundreds rather than millions of dollars. Our products comprise library prep kits and software tools that are purpose built for drug discovery and translational medicine and relieve major bottlenecks to adopting single-cell data for mainstream use. We are thrilled to usher in a new generation of precision medicine that goes well beyond genetics to elevate health at every stage of our lives. For more information, visit www.samplinghuman.com.